Trust Future Uganda's main aims are the following:
1. To equip children, youth and disadvantaged women with vocational knowledge and skills which are needed to promote development.
2. To increase awareness on the general health, well-being and proper nutrition.
3. To nurture well behaved, socially, morally, spiritually and academically up right children who will be involved in a positive change of our societies.
4. To work on HIV/AIDS prevention by raising awareness and to increase control of malaria and diarrheal diseases amongst our children, youth and disadvantaged women as well as the community at large.
5. To promote child protection, rights of children and youth development and address the issues related to abuse and disadvantages of children, youth and women.
Trust Future Uganda provides both primary education to orphans and vulnerable children aged 4 to 14 years and adult education to adults who didn’t get a chance to go to school so that they can learn how to read and write. We do HIV counseling and testing (HCT), health information services. Also, we provide vocation skills in tailoring and knitting to youths and disadvantaged women, craft making, exercise book making and capacity building.
The volunteer's tasts include:
Volunteer requirements / Skills
The volunteer should:
Have a caring soul
Be open minded
Have the ability to build and maintain relationship
Have a high level of self-motivation and ability to work proactively
Be at least 18 years old
We are located in the out cuts of Kampala, Nansana Municipality, about 5km from city centre. It is highly populated with 60% of children, 30% of youths and 10% adults. The area is slightly hilly with slums and there are high levels of poverty and low levels of education. The community use Luganda as a common language, English as official and other languages since it composed of people from different cultures.
Hosting Situation (Board and Lodging)
Volunteer will live with a host family and have own bedroom.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.