In the framework of the EYV 2011, Reports by 16 volunteers
EVS project in EU (Austria, Iceland, Spain, Sweden and Turkey ), African (Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania), Asian (India, Philippines, Vietnam) and Latin American (Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador,, Mexico) countries.
16 long-term volunteer placements from April to October 2011.
EYV 2011 – Volunteering Matters, on the occasion of the European Year of Volunteering 2011, aimed to take stock, raise awareness and promote the benefits of volunteering programs and practices in the participating EU and partner countries for young people and for society as a whole. By contributing to the activities to mark the EYV 2011 and the IYV+10, this project was a unique opportunity for the participating organizations and volunteers to promote their contributions to social and human development at local, national and international levels and to make volunteering a worldwide-recognized and beneficial practice. The volunteers were based at the national offices of national and international voluntary service organisations. Besides participating in their daily activities and learning about how voluntary service is conducted in that particular society and cultural context, they were exposed to the work and experience of local organizations hosting international volunteers and carry out research and interviews with volunteers and hosts and carried out surveys about history, recognition and impact of volunteering in the respective host country. The dissemination of the surveys and other project results serve to further promote voluntary activities and active citizenship at national level in the participating EU and Partner Countries as well as at European and international level.
We invite you to read the reports of the 16 volunteers that describe and analyse the issues revolving around volunteering and its impact on volunteers and local communities in their respective host countries:
16 Action Research Reports made by the EVS volunteers during EYV 2011
- Title Pages EYV 2011 – Volunteering Matters
- Action Research Report – Austria
- Action Research Report – Brazil
- Action Research Report – Costa Rica
- Action Research Report – Ecuador
- Action Research Report – Ghana
- Action Research Report – Iceland
- Action Research Report – India
- Action Research Report – Kenya
- Action Research Report – Mexico
- Action Research Report – Philippines
- Action Research Report – South Africa
- Action Research Report – Spain
- Action Research Report – Sweden
- Action Research Report – Tanzania
- Action Research Report – Turkey
- Action Research Report – Vietnam