ICDE-India’s main objective is to increase the numbers of young Indians it sends abroad to volunteer and likewise to increase the numbers of young international volunteers it hosts in social projects in India’s vast countryside.
ICDE-India’s campaign will focus efforts on finding new host projects in rural areas in different fields such as health, environment, women, children, and community cohesion and development so that international volunteers experience different aspects of Indian culture in the countryside.
To create greater visibility and recognition for ICDE-India and long-term international volunteering amongst young people in India and abroad, particularly in the over 40 countries in which ICYE has members and partners, ICDE-India will make videos and blogs with the support of current volunteers. The videos and blogs will be publicised through its social media platforms to highlight the benefits of volunteering and intercultural learning.
- Establish contact with local government departments and NGOs to collect information on social host project and families.
- Visits to host project and families to get them on board
- Spread new host project descriptions to ICYE members and partners around the world for recruitment of volunteers.
Over the last months, ICDE-India has been in contact with the local government, which works intensely to improve rural education. The aim has been to get more information on how the school system works and what problems they face. In doing so, ICDE-India was able to gain a better understanding of how it and its volunteers can contribute to education in the rural areas. As a result, ICDE-India has found 8 new projects.
- Vani Convent School- Rural children’s education, sports and outdoor activities, Chinthamani, Karnataka
- Sri Vinayaka Education Trust- Rural children’s education, sports and outdoor activities, Chinthamani, Karnataka
- International Care Foundation- Education, sports, arts and culture and disability.
- Nisarga Public School- Rural children’s education, sports and outdoor activities, Mulabagilu, Karnataka
- Arunodhya Vidhya Samasthe- Children’s education, Mysore
- Shree Punya Koti Vidhya Samsthe- Rural children’s education, sports and outdoor activities, Chamarahalli, Kolar
- Agashta Foundation- Women, children, child labour protection and education, Kuppam and Bengalore
- Sweet Souls ABT- Disabled children , Vijayapura
First picture: Sri Vinayaka Education Trust
Second picture: Shree Punya Koti vishya samsthe
ICDE-India is focusing its efforts on promoting its volunteering programme on social media and the internet. It has launched its new, revamped website and has been actively updating the young people and the general public on on Facebook.
ICDE-India has published two issues of its newsletter.