Reinforcing Volunteering in Buenos Aires
Making more people aware of the benefits of volunteering and increasing the amount of volunteers in Buenos Aires, both outgoing and incoming volunteer, their mentors, families who host them and language groups. All of these different parts play an important role in the structure of volunteerism and building a strong foundation of people who take part in all these aspects is the aim.
- There is a need for a strong core of local volunteers in Buenos Aires.
- Volunteers can play a very important role in communities and there are many benefits to volunteering, both social and professional for the individuals and for the community as a whole.
- To promote the idea of volunteering to local people.
- Strengthen the idea that helping people is important.
- Get more people to be involved in volunteering, both locally and internationally.
- Bring more attention to volunteer organisations in the city.
- To form an infrastructure of outgoing and incoming volunteers, host families, mentors and language groups.
- Young people (16-30 years old) who are interested in different cultures and doing volunteering.
- Increase their interest in participating in volunteering by providing information and answering questions.
- Around 1000 people combined will be reached in all the events.
- The goal is to gain at least 5 new host families, 10 mentors and 1 language group.
Action plan & timeline
Timeline: 31.5.19 – 14.12.19
Fundacion SES and Subir Al Sur will either take part in or organise five events during this time. These events will give attention to volunteering and the important role that it plays. People attending those events will be more interested in volunteering through communicating with volunteers, hearing about their experiences, learning more about it and getting information. This will lead to more volunteers being recruited as well as more host families and mentors, who also play an integral part in the volunteer system.
Event 1 – First Forum of Inclusive Education for Teenagers and Youth of Argentina (31.5.19)
- The volunteers of Subir Al Sur will attend and take part in a conference about inclusive learning.
- Gives volunteers the link with UNICEF.
- Provides tools to the volunteers, especially for those who work with children with disabilities.
- Strengthen the action capabilities of incoming and outgoing volunteers.
- Allows volunteers to find resources or ideas if they need for their positions next to children with disabilities.
Event 2 – Fair of the Communities (22.6.19)
- Presentations on all the countries of South America by people from those countries, which will promote cultural exchange and travel experience because of the international group of people attending.
- These people will bring what they learn there to their own countries which will have a positive influence there.
- Influence in the local area. Will establish communications to find host families and mentors and give knowledge of other participants to the local associative life.
- This event will encourage youth registration for the Santa Fe work camp.
Event 3 – Santa Fe Workcamp (17.7.19 – 28.7.19)
- The project is about restoring a certain place and having workshops with the community.
- The foreign and local volunteers will engage ininterculturality and be trained in active citizenship and leadership focused on volunteering actions.
- The volunteers will engage in intercultural exchanges and learn about each other cultures. They will go out of their comfort zone, improve their social skills and leadership abilities through activities.
- This will be a first experience of intercultural exchange for some and will encourage the participants to take part in longer experiences, like international volunteering for example.
Event 4 – Peace Campaign (14.10.19 – 19.10.19)
- Relationship between volunteer experience and promotion of peace, “open up” about the world to learn international dynamics.
- Highlights the role that volunteering has in the world, constructing peace and upholding human rights.
- Equips youth workers with research related competences.
- To determine the contribution of international volunteer service to the acquisition of personal and professional competences that favour social inclusion.
Event 5 – Volunteering Fair (4.12.19)
- Using the 20th birthday of Fundación SES to promote volunteer projects and share experiences.
- Estimated number of people attending is 400 and different organizations will present their actions at the fair and exchange ideas and proposals.
- There will be workshops and activities to strengthen their practises and build networks.
- Will connect volunteers and other guests to social organizations, companies and introduce them to state programs related to volunteering.
- This gives exposure to the volunteer organisations of Buenos Aires and helps to promote volunteerism and its positive impact.
Communication Plan for marketing, promotion & dissemination
- The events will be advertised on the social media sites of Subir al Sur and Fundación SES, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the homepage subiralsur.org.ar
- By doing that it will reach a lot of people online and help spread the word
- Every event will be advertised well in advance, as people need time to plan and to have more time to spread the word.
- Young people (16-30) to become involved in volunteering as volunteers, mentors or a part of language group
- Families to host volunteers
- Movimiento estamos tod@s en acción, Gobierno de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Fundacion SES, UNICEF Argentina
- Each event will be evaluated.
- In the end the whole project will be evaluated.
- Evaluation will be both qualitative and quantitative. Quantitative in the sense that the number of people reached is a part of the evaluation and qualitative in that the social impact of the project will be evaluated.
- There will be a mid-term evaluation to see how things are progressing.
- The impact will be assessed by the number of outgoing volunteers, host families and mentors involved in volunteering in Buenos Aires.
- Another impact is the amount of people who learn about the organisation and volunteering who didn’t know about it before.
- Skills and competencies gained by the volunteers.