- Protection of interests and promotion of welfare of all children in the republic of Kenya.
- Increase levels of literacy and self-development among the children for self-reliance and self-employment within and away from the family.
- Improve income levels of very needy families to overcome acute problems of poverty and access basic needs for their children.
- Establishment and maintenance of model homes and reserve centres, which offer temporary shelter and protection to children in difficult circumstances.
Teaching the children in nursery school. Social work and providing counselling. Giving talks on HIV/AIDS.
- Going to primary and secondary schools to give talks on HIV AIDS.
- Teaching in the nursery school.
- Helping in the kitchen and farm.
- Social work e.g. admission of children in the home and restoration back to their families when time is right, identification of needy children through home visits, assisting children at the home with their homework, organising recreational activities for the children.
Volunteer requirements / Skills
Interests in children matters. Preference to female volunteers.
Located 1 km from Isiolo town in the eastern province.
Hosting Situation (Board and Lodging)
Will be given a room to stay and a kitchen for cooking, but the volunteer is free to eat with the children in the dining hall or with the staff when she feels like.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.