ICYE in the World
|Name:||Grassy Park Fisher Centre|
|Brief description and main aims|
A residential home for mentally & intellectually challenged senior citizens as well as a seniors home for citizens who do not have any other residence.
- The centre runs projects that involve the clients of the home. These projects are sustainable or even income generating. Amongst others there is a Gardening project, which produces organic fruits and vegetables.
Within the shelter, the volunteer will act as an extension to their staff, supplementing and enhancing the services that they offer and would therefore be required to
|Volunteer requirements / Skills|
The volunteer requirments are:
- Have a basic understanding of the Mentally Challenged Adult
- Be open minded, active, creative and patient
- Interested in working with mentally challenged adults
- Be open to doing manual maintenance tasks
|Hosting Situation (Board & Lodging)|
Volunteers will be living with host families who will provide meals. A small lunch allowance may be provided, should placement organisation not supply meals. The host family has been screened and approved by the host organisation.