ICYE in the World
|Brief description and main aims|
- Enhance a stronger sense of volunteerism and increase awareness on the role of affirmative action towards social change.
- Setting-up community libraries
There is much room for creativity for the volunteers as long as it is aligned to the values and directions the program heads have determined on a per program basis. The volunteers can be exposed to all tasks but, more priority will be given to those who would want to get involved with the setting up of Community Libraries, Children and Youth Development and Community empowerment.
- Assist the trainers/facilitators in volunteer preparation activities
|Volunteer requirements / Skills|
- Believe in education as a tool to development
- Love children
- Have a bigger heart for the disadvantaged and marginalized
- Know conversational English
- Flexible and able to adopt change of situation, etc.
- Open minded
- Open to working with different sets of people with different cultures and personalities on an ongoing basis
- Can step up beyond the written job description
- Will commit fulltime while in country
Quezon City and other cities in Metro Manila and other EDUK sites in Luzon (Lucena City-Quezon, Mariveles- Bataan, Quezon City, etc.).
|Hosting Situation (Board & Lodging)|
The volunteer will live in the project or with a host family in close proximity to the library/office.
|back||<< last next >>|