This is an Intercultural and International Volunteering Exchange Organization, ICYE Federation Member. We have the Long Term and Short Term programs, including eco-socio camps. ACI is a lively place which includes Costa Ricans and foreign volunteers.
Volunteers can assist the long term area, the short term area, Routh groups, specific outgoing projects, and the general direction.
The main tasks would be:
- Responsible of the socio-cultural animation.
- Promotion of cultural events in a weekly paper for people involved with the organization.
- Assisting the person in charge of the incoming volunteers.
- Sometimes visiting the volunteers' projects or new projects.
- Office work in many things related to the volunteers.
- Mails, translations, writing articles about the other projects, paper work.
Volunteer requirements / Skills
- Good English level, German and French knowledge if possible.
- Basic- intermediate Spanish Level
- Ready for different tasks
- Willing to work with the computer, search on Internet, newspapers.
- Willing to travel, sometimes out of San José.
- To be creative and interest on intercultural issues.
- Please keep in mind that these projects are only examples for the type of projects we are working with and are not always available.